Vegan Pumpkin Mug Cake: The perfect healthy, low-fat dessert in minutes
Craving a scrumptious dessert but want to keep it healthy and plant-based? Look no further than this Vegan Pumpkin Mug Cake recipe! I adapted it for fall from the Banana Mug Cake that’s in my YouTube video here. In just a few minutes, you can whip up a delicious treat that’s not only guilt-free but also packed with the warm, comforting flavors of pumpkin spice. Plus, it’s low in fat and incredibly easy to make. Let’s dive into this delectable dessert!
Ingredients You’ll Need:
– 1/4 cup oat flour
– 2 tablespoons maple syrup, cane sugar or a natural sweetener of your choice
– 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree (canned or homemade)
– 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
– 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
sprinkle of chocolate chips
1. **Prepare Your Mug:** Start by selecting a microwave-safe mug.
2. **Mix all the ingredients in the mug. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
4. **Microwave Magic:** Carefully pour your cake batter into the prepared mug. Place the mug in the microwave and cook on high for 1.5 to 2 minutes. The exact cooking time may vary depending on your microwave’s wattage. The cake will rise and set during cooking.
5. **Enjoy the Aroma:** As your kitchen fills with the delightful aroma of pumpkin spice, your mug cake is almost ready. Once it’s done, remove it from the microwave (be cautious—it will be hot).
6. **Cool and Garnish:** Allow your Vegan Pumpkin Mug Cake to cool for a minute or two.
7. **Dig In:** Grab a spoon and dive into your warm, fragrant, and utterly delightful creation. I love a splash of soy milk on mine.
This Vegan Pumpkin Mug Cake is a real game-changer for those moments when you’re craving a sweet treat but want to keep it healthy. It’s perfect for satisfying your dessert desires without the guilt, and it’s so quick to make that you’ll have more time to savor its deliciousness.
Plus, the use of pumpkin in this recipe not only adds a heavenly autumnal flavor but also provides a dose of vitamins and fiber. So you’re not just enjoying a treat; you’re also nourishing your body.
Give this recipe a try the next time your sweet tooth beckons. It’s a delightful, low-fat, vegan dessert that’s sure to become one of your favorite go-to treats. Enjoy every spoonful!
So quick and yummy, and nutritious, too! You could eat this for breakfast.
- 1/4 cup oat flour (1/4 cup rolled oats blended until fine)
- 1 TBSP almond flour (optional, makes it more tender though)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice (half that if you're not crazy about spice)
- 2 TBSP pumpkin puree
- 2 TBSP maple syrup
- chocolate chips and/or chopped walnuts or pecans
Decide how big of a cake you want. You can double it in one mug for a thicker cake, or do a single recipe for a small cake that's about 100 calories.
Whisk oat flour, optional almond flour, baking powder, and pumpkin spice in a large mug. Stir in pumpkin and maple syrup until well-mixed. Smooth out the top. Sprinkle some chocolate chips on.
Microwave for 90 seconds. If doubling the cake, do 2 minutes or 2 minutes 15 seconds. Top should bounce back when pressed down, and look matte, not glossy. With almond flour, it will take a bit longer than without.
Let it cool for a few minutes, then enjoy! I like some almond or soy milk poured over mine.
I've tried this with whole wheat flour and it was not good--kind of rubbery! Oat flour is the way to go, and if you need gluten-free, just use gluten-free certified oats. If you don't tolerate oats, GF all purpose might work.