Today, in addition to a very fun list of healthy snacks, I have an invitation that will bless your life so much more than any recipe.
I know this is a food blog, but it’s also my blog, and I want to share with you what brings me deep peace. No bowl of nice cream or chickpea chocolate chip cookies can begin to calm my nerves like the words of God and His reassuring promises.
Every April and October, leaders of my global church speak throughout a two-day General Conference. Their words are inspired. I know because I consistently feel it. I invite you, whoever you are, to listen in! It’s free and easy to watch (just click here!), and I promise you’ll hear or feel something you need. I truly believe these men and women we hear from are inspired by God to tell us what we need to know right now. I know God still speaks to us and we can still hear Him!
Here are a few quotes from General Conferences past as a taste of the inspiration you can expect this weekend:
Members of my church often like to make Conference weekend special with good food. Here are whole food plant based snacks/meals/treats you might like to try. Some require no recipe, others are clickable to find the recipe. Most of them use simple pantry/freezer ingredients for this time of quarantine. Enjoy!
- Jordanian Roasted Chickpeas
- Black Bean Salsa
- Curry Hummus and Veggies
- Cheesy Chili Oil-Free Fries
- Crispy Air-Fried Black Eyed Peas
- Veggies and Curried Almond Dip
- Bread Bunny Vegetable Tray
- Ants on a log
- Oil-free Baked Vegetable Chips
- Buffalo Cauiflower Bites
- Zucchini Tater Tots
- Rainbow Sushi (makes a great lunch, too)
- Nachos with baked corn chips, beans, salsa, guacamole
- Charcuterie board with cucumbers, baby tomatoes, carrots, bell peppers, olives, pickles, nuts, whole grain crackers, hummus, rice cakes, apple slices, berries, dried fruit.
- Apple Nachos (my favorite!)
- Nice Cream
- Peanut Butter Honey Popcorn
- Frozen Grapes
- Mini Banana Muffins
- Dates with a Walnut inside
- Banana Sushi
- Chia Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
- Raw Chocolate Carmel Dip
- Sweet Potato Bites
- Healthy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Sunflower Seed Chocolate Bliss Balls
- Oil-free whole wheat cinnamon rolls
- Carrot Cake Bites
- Rice Crispy Granola Bars
- Pumpkin Peanut Butter Dip to eat with apple slices, celery, or banana
- Date-Sweetened Chickpea Cookie Dough Bites
- Gingerbread Cookie Dough Bites
PS….Want MORE snack ideas?
Here is another similar, but different list with MORE snack ideas I’ve posted before.